Full Terms and Conditions for BEN Auto Jobs
In these terms and conditions, references to BEN mean BEN - Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund, and references to the ‘advertiser' mean the company submitting an advertisement to the ben.org.uk site as well as (if different) the company on behalf of whom the advertisement is submitted.
The purpose of this part of the ben.org.uk site is to allow employers in the automotive industry to publicise vacancies which are relevant to those who work or have worked in the automotive industry. Other types of advertisements are not permitted.
By submitting an advertisement, the advertiser warrants and undertakes that:
- the advertisement (and its publication on the ben.org.uk website) does not and will not infringe or adversely affect the rights of any third parties;
- the advertisement is neither defamatory nor obscene nor unlawful;
- the advertisement complies with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct (voluntary and otherwise), including without limitation the Committee of Advertising Practice's UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct marketing (i.e. the ‘CAP Code');
- the vacancy being advertised is genuine and relates to the automotive industry;
- all information provided in the submission form and in the ad is true and accurate;
- the advertisement is not misleading (either by ambiguity, omission, exaggeration or otherwise);
- the advertiser shall deal with all responses to their advertisement(s) in a fair, reasonable and professional manner;
- the advertiser is an equal opportunities employer and shall comply with all applicable anti-discrimination laws and regulations; and
- in relation to personal data derived directly or indirectly from responses to the advertisement the advertiser shall comply with all of its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended from time to time) and all of its legal obligations.
[Advertisements for [insert type of unacceptable ads, if any] are not acceptable and must not be submitted.]
Advertisers and those who view and respond to advertisements understand and accept that:
a) BEN does not monitor the content of advertisements before they are placed on ben.org.uk,
b) BEN does not accept any responsibility or liability for or arising in connection with advertisements.
c) BEN does not accept liability for any act or omission of the advertiser or person who responds to any advertisement including, without limitation, any failure by either party to fulfil their legal or contractual obligations to one another or to any third party.
By submitting an advertisement to ben.org.uk, each advertiser agrees and undertakes to indemnify BEN (and to keep BEN indemnified) against any costs, claims and expenses which result directly or indirectly from any breach by the advertiser of its warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
By submitting an advertisement each advertiser agrees to grant to BEN a non-exclusive licence to feature that advertisement on the ben.org.uk site. Although the advertiser will still own the copyright in the advertisement, BEN will have the right to use, edit, alter, reproduce, and publish the advertisement in connection with the ben.org.uk website (including, for the avoidance of doubt, related and connected web pages). This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence.
Without limitation, and without prejudice to its other rights, BEN reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to:
- temporarily or permanently refuse to accept advertisements from any company,
- amend any advertisement which has been submitted to ben.org.uk,
- temporarily or permanently remove any advertisement from ben.org.uk, and/or
- take any other action BEN deems appropriate, without notice, explanation or compensation of any kind.
Replies to advertisements will be forwarded directly to the advertiser
Advertisements will remain "live" on the site for a period of 30 days from posting and will thereafter be automatically removed.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit or exclude any party's liability arising from death or personal injury caused by such party's negligent act or omission, or from fraud.
By placing an advert on this website, the advertiser declares that he has read and accepts these terms and conditions.
Complain about an ad: In the event that any individual or company wishes to complain about any advertisement contact us at email@example.com. BEN reserves the right to take action against repeat or vexatious complainants (including, without limitation, blocking such users).
BEN Auto Jobs is a section of BEN's main website which is a site operated by BEN - Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund. Registered Office: Lynwood, Sunninghill, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 0AJ. A Charity Registered in England and Wales (no. 297877) and Scotland (no. SC039842). A Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Registered Company no. 2163894. Registered Social Landlord no. LH3766