With corporate social responsibility now high on the agenda, more and more companies are taking steps to demonstrate their ethical attitudes to the general public. According to MORI research, 74% of the British public thinks their consumer behaviour would be influenced by information about companies' ethical and social behavior (Volunteering England, 2009).
employee volunteering and fundraising
BEN has a long tradition of organising group volunteering days at our care centres throughout the year. These projects give your employees an opportunity to break free from their normal work routine and enable your company to improve employee retention. You employees can get involved with various volunteering initiatives, for instance: gardening and maintenance projects, fundraising at various events and automotive exhibitions, taking residents on day trips, and helping them with activities and crafts. You are always welcome to come to us with your own bright ideas for volunteering and fundraising projects.
Another way for your employees to get involved with our charity is to become a BEN Champion. It is an opportunity for them to get involved with your charity, without giving up too much time. We know that it is not always easy to find time for volunteering whilst working, so we came up with a unique opportunity to combine the two. BEN Champions can be described as ambassadors who provide a point of contact between your employees and BEN.
benefits to your company
Whatever your company decides to do, volunteering is a superb way to support us and there are various excellent benefits to your company:
- Free teambuilding - enhanced workplace relationships
- Improved reputation and corporate image
- Increased staff morale, company pride, motivation, initiative, team spirit and loyalty
- Better staff retention
- Staff will gain new skills, and knowledge such as communication, planning, teamwork, leadership, time management and organisational skills
- Provides personal fulfilment and job satisfaction
- An opportunity to directly give back to our community